Welcome to IEC 61850 Global 2018
Welcome to the 5th annual IEC 61850 Global 2018. This year’s programme draws together 150+ IEC 61850 experts and implementation leaders for a review of the latest utility implementation case-studies and supplier technology innovations. We will be including many more international presentations and inviting a more global delegation to facilitate a wider exchange of end-user experiences, and ensure the optimal development of the standard for the global power grid community.
Alongside the case-study conference agenda, we have a number of technology innovation panels, a series of intimate round table discussions, a live demo lab of the latest tools and technologies, an exhibition area displaying state of IEC 61850-enabled solutions, and an evening reception open to all participants. Additionally, don’t miss the Fundamentals of IEC 61850 workshop taking place the day before the main conference, led by Christoph Brunner, Convenor of IEC TC57 WG10, designed to demystify this complex standard and bring all participants up to speed with its latest edition.
The programme and speaker line-up are currently under development, please join our mailing list! to receive weekly updates and value-added content, and check back in May 2018 for the full agenda.
Event highlights include:
- Case-study programme – gain in-depth insights into the digital substation implementation experiences of 16+ pioneering European utilities and understand how technology choices are being made in the context of organisational objectives and pressures
- Case-Study Programme – hear from 16+ international utility IEC 61850 experts and implementation leaders on the lessons learnt from actual deployments of the standard across smart grid infrastructures
- Utility Heavy Speaker Line-Up - selected on the strength of the projects they are involved in, their pivotal roles in implementation decision making, and their insights into lessons learnt and future roadmaps
- Roundtable Discussions - the opportunity to brainstorm and problem solve with peers from across the IEC 61850 ecosystem in small groups, bring real-life challenges to the table, and take-away fresh new solutions to support implementation objectives
- Fundamentals Workshop - run by Christoph Brunner, Convenor of IEC TC57 WG10, taking place the day before the main conference, this workshop demystifies the fundamental building blocks of this complex standard and provides a comprehensive understanding of how it can be applied in a variety of scenarios
- Solution Zone - running alongside the conference, the solution zone provides a focused display of IEC 61850 products and services on the market, with experts on hand to discuss your specific challenges and provide tailored advice to help propel your implementation plans to the next level
- Live Demo Labs - a 1:1 private demonstration, providing you with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the most advanced and forward-looking IEC 61850 solutions and services
- Evening Networking Reception - taking place the evening of conference day one, this complementary networking event is open to all participants, and provides the opportunity to relax and unwind, meet with colleagues from across the global IEC 61850 community, allow new ideas to cement and new partnership opportunities to emerge